Wednesday, March 26, 2014
My Daughter the yogi
It's official, my dear Tayler, you are a yogi. The fact that you are aware that "it's the thoughts that kill you" means that you are advanced in the study of yoga. In the language of the Upanishads..."It is the mind that frees us or enslaves". You are on your way to true freedom dear daughter.
I wouldn't dream of interfering with your journey to self-realization. I know that each journey is unique and beautiful; filled with just enough twists and turns to keep it exciting. I am your mother, though, and I do want to share some pearls of wisdom that may help you along your way. I have found these words to be beacons of light for me when I was lost in the dark.
* It is the nature of the mind to think. So give it something good to think about.
* That which you put your attention on grows stronger in your life. Choose wisely.
* Our greatest weapon against stress is our ability to choose one thought over another. Choose the higher thought.
* Change your thoughts, you change your life.
* You are not your thoughts.
* Yoga/Meditation is stilling the fluctuations of the mind.
"It is the mind that frees us or enslaves. Driven by the senses we become bound; Master of the senses we become free. Those who seek freedom must master their senses.
When the mind is detached from the senses one reaches the summit of consciousness. Mastery of the mind leads to wisdom. Practice meditation. Stop all vain talk. The highest state is beyond reach of thought, for it lies beyond all duality.
Keep repeating the ancient mantram OM until it reverberates in your heart." ~Amritabindu Upanishad