Thursday, June 7, 2012

Not my will but thy will be done......

There I was, sitting in the circle at the morning retreat, minding my own business when  all of a sudden I get a telegram from God!!  That's right.... I direct message!  No crazy yoga riddles for me to figure out.  No  suggestions... A direct order.   "Let go of the need to be heard!"  "Let go of the need for validation!".

What?  Are you kidding me?  Hasn't the message all along been about finding my voice?  Learning to step into my own power and be more assertive about what I need?  But the confusion only lasted a split second.   Who am I to question the wisdom of the Divine?

Okay, Lord..... I surrender.....I am letting  go of my need to be heard.  I am letting go of my need for validation. 

As we practiced kapalabhati this morning I was thinking about how much it resembles all of life.  kapalabhati focuses on the exhale while the inhale happens naturally.  The exhale is forceful while the inhale is passive.

"It is in giving that we receive".... I'm letting go of my need to be heard so that I can naturally be a better listener.   I'm letting go of my need to be validated so that I can naturally be more accepting of myself and others.

With clarity of mind I hear the whispers of the Divine.  With an open heart I accept the will of Divine.  With devotion and dedication to my practice I will follow the path the Divine has lead me to. 

Om Namah Shivaya!  Om Namah Shivaya!  Om Namah Shivaya!



No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you say to your 19-year-old self?

  When I was 19 years old I didn't know a damn thing about life.  I certainly didn't know a damn thing about myself (I just didn'...