Wednesday, April 24, 2013

What I wish I knew when I was 22.

The most important thing to remember is that you have the power to control your destiny. That's right, YOU have the power.  Not just some of you....ALL OF YOU!! Including me.  We have the power to control our destiny by choosing our thoughts.   It's really that simple

For years and years I wasted so much energy on worrying and being fearful.  That worry and fear was paralyzing and exhausting.  Hindsight is 20/20 they say.  I can see clearly now that 99.9% of the things I worried about never actually happened.  Not to say that bad things haven't happened but never the thing that I worried about.  And guess what?  When bad things did happen, I survived and grew from it.  The seed must break open for the flower to grow. 

Sometimes just remembering that you have the power to choose your thought is enough.  Other times, we need some help.  Sometimes the obsessive thought is so ingrained and has such a strong hold on our minds that we need something equally powerful to counter it.  That's when we use mantra.  Mantra is so powerful that it can override any other thoughts and/or fears.  But don't take my word for it, try it yourself.

Let's face it, you're going to obsess anyway so why not give your mind something useful to obsess about.  Choose a mantra, prayer or inspirational passage.  Memorize it and whenever your mind is hijacked by worry or fear choose to think the mantra instead.  Then sit back and watch how your life changes.

REMEMBER:  YOU HAVE THE POWER TO CHOOSE ONE THOUGHT OVER ANOTHER.  WHY NOT CHOOSE THE POSITIVE THOUGHT??

(shameless self-promotion:  if you are interested in learning mantra meditation email me or message me with your contact info.)

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you say to your 19-year-old self?

  When I was 19 years old I didn't know a damn thing about life.  I certainly didn't know a damn thing about myself (I just didn'...