Wednesday, April 3, 2013

By the light of the moon.....

"Mom! Where's my shoes?!"  "They're in the closet" the mother replies.
"I looked....they aren't there!  I need them now. I'm late!!" The desperate child calls out. "I put them in the closet myself.  Look again".  The mom calmly replies.  "Oh yeah!  I found them".

The mom goes back to her meditation....  By the light of the moon the mom seeks the answers to life's questions....."Ma! where are the answers?" The desperate child calls out.  "They're right there, in the lotus of your heart"  Ma calmly replies.  "I don't see them.... I need them right now!"  The Divine mother whispers...."I put them there myself... look again". 

Oh... Yeah....there they are....in the lotus of my heart, right where Ma told me I'd find them.

I sometimes forget that it's really that simple.  I get so lost in the details that I forget to simply turn on the light so I can see that what I'm looking for is right there in front of me.  How I turn on the light is by committing to a daily spiritual practice.  It's in the practice of training my mind to be one pointed that I can get beyond the clutter that prevents me from hearing Ma's whispers guiding me. 
 

Jai Ma!

No comments:

Post a Comment

What would you say to your 19-year-old self?

  When I was 19 years old I didn't know a damn thing about life.  I certainly didn't know a damn thing about myself (I just didn'...